British Taekwon-do Association
Rules & Regulations
Code of Practice
All Clubs & Associations recognised by the British Taekwon-do Association should follow the rules & code as laid down by the BTA Constitution & Standing Orders and be responsible for the behaviour of their members, the maintenance of technical & ethical standatds & respect for the Constitution.
Members must not misuse their knowledge of the Arts or boast of powers or ability for an improper purpose. They should endeavour, by example & conduct to provide the public with a better understanding of martial arts.
Clubs & Associations
- Special Care must be given to the teaching of young persons.
- Dangerous techniques should only be taught with discretion & proper supervision.
- Members should avoid irresponsible public statements.
- Public displays should not include over-sensational aspects, the advertisements should avoid publicity on offensive-type weapons.
- Emphasis should be given to skills, philosophy & when appropriate, to the sporting and competitive elements.
- Training should not include overbearing discipline or excessive force.
- All fees should be reasonable, this especially applies to class tuition.
- There must be no overcrowding in classes & teachers must ensure adequate supervision.
- There should be generation of mutual respect, both within the Association & with other official bodies for Martial Arts discipline.
- Relevant insurance must be in place.
- Clubs should adhere to a recognised child protection policy.
- A registered first aider should be present at all sessions.
All instructors approved by the British Taekwon-do Association have proved their skills to the British Taekwon-do Association Executive and will have completed a Disclosures & Barring Check. They run classes in accordance with the associaetion guidelines, for the benefit of the students.
There should be a minimum of 3 months between Kup gradings. Kup gradings are carried out by the British Taekwon-do Association approved instructors.
All Dan gradings must be approved by the British Taekwon-do Association Executive and unless prior authorisation is approved Dan gradings will be carried out by the British Taekwon-do Association Grading Panel.
Black Belts / Black Belt Candiates must be able to show skills including:
- Basic Techniques
- Proomes appropriate to level
To increase their knowledge of the art, students are expected to attend a minimum of two seminars between Dan grades. Seminars conducted by the British Taekwon-do Association approved instructors.
Matters of dispute should be referred to the British Taekwon-do Association Executive.
These Rules Have Been Agreed to By:
Club Name: The Wabi-Sabi Academy